There can be situations when you see that all your efforts and endeavors to lose your belly fat are not paying off. Despite all your workouts and restrictions in diet, at the end of the day you discover that your belly fat is not gone. You may wonder, what’s going wrong! But yes there is definitely something that is going wrong here.
Researchers and health practitioners have identified a lot of reasons that can go wrong with you even if you think you are following a healthy diet, sleeping well and doing lots of workouts on regular basis. So let’s look into those reasons one by one.
Remember that too little sleep causes an increase in Ghrelin (a hormone that stimulates appetite). The American Journal of Epidemiology in one of their study says that women (over 16 years) who slept 5 or fewer hours per night were likely to experience weight gain which is 32 percent more than those who got more sleep. Also, the New York Obesity Nutrition Research Center has got similar observations.
- Confirm recommended 7 to 9 hours of sleep a night.
- To ensure quality sleeping, remove distracting electronics from the bedroom.
- Keep your room cool (your body sleeps best at around 65 degrees).
- You can avoid caffeine after lunch.
- Try to maintain the same sleeping schedule. Getting up from bed at the same time (even in the weekends) will provide you with full control over sleeping.
Excess salt in diet can cause water to move from your bloodstream into your skin. In most cases you are actually taking salts more than your daily requirements. This is because most of the food products around contain salts in different amounts.
- You can avoid adding salt to your existing meals.
- To boost flavor you can use spices and herbs, many of which have added health benefits as well.
- You can try cooking foods with delicious flavors like cinnamon, cayenne powder, cumin, chili powder, parsley, ginger, basil, and rosemary that contain enough salt.
Several studies show that habit of taking alcohol such as beer can increase appetite and food intake. This is directly related to your abdominal obesity. The more you drink, the more is the chance to grow unwanted fats. This is true for both men and women.
- You’ve to avoid soda and sugary mixers such as daiquiris and margaritas in alcohol.
- Try to become a non-drinker! That’s the best solution.
In addition to its health benefits, magnesium plays the role of a nutrient that may also aid in weight loss and body shaping. The Journal of Nutrition says that your intake of higher magnesium is associated with your lower levels of fasting glucose and insulin. These are related to fat and weight gain. Absence of magnesium or consuming less magnesium is therefore not good in belly fat controlling.
- You have to eat more magnesium-rich foods, such as beans, leafy green vegetables, and nuts. You can talk to your doctor about taking a supplement.
- In case of women, the recommended amount of magnesium for women under 30 is 310mg, and 320mg for women 30 and over. They have to maintain these amounts in their diet plans.
Diet soda is commonly used in many cases. But diet soda is empty in calories. They are associated with increased waist size and abdominal fat. The sweet taste of a diet soda triggers a message to your body to expect an influx of energy. But in reality that won't arrive since there are no calories in diet drinks. This causes confusion and interference regarding the hunger signals of your body. It causes you to crave and consume additional calories to make up for the lack of calories in diet soda. This is a disaster in belly fat controlling.
- You can stop taking soda by making water or unsweetened tea your standard drinks with meals.
- You can use slices of fruit as sweetener. And you can use Coffee too.
To slim down your waist you may opt for long jogs. But this will affect your body metabolism and burning calories negatively. Similarly lifting weight creates micro-tears in muscle that burn more calories in the process of healing. Now researchers have identified that most effective workout for fat loss is doing high-intensity interval training, or HIIT. This type of training raises your heart rate while also taxing your muscles. In this regard, a University of Arkansas study shows that people who exercised with high intensity experienced decrease in abdominal fat which is 20 percent. Therefore proper workout practice needs to be followed in order to control and maintain belly fat. Otherwise the efforts will result in nothing for you.
- You can create a HIIT program. This can be any sort of exercise, including cardio workouts like running, cycling, swimming, or rowing.
- You may also check out full-body strength workouts.
Last update: February 05, 2017 05:34:33 pm