Low GI foods are suggested as it causes low chances of increased blood sugar level. This diet helps to fight against diabetes, heart diseases and weight loss as well. Low GI foods is not the only way to lose belly fat rather you can maintain the same level of weight by other type of healthy diet and exercise. Here I am giving some a list of low GI foods so that you can have a general idea about what to eat for maintaining a balanced weight.
Vegetables, Legumes and Fruit
- Packaged vegetables with no added salt.
- Butternut, pumpkin, carrots, corn, orange
- Chickpeas, lentils, dried beans such as kidney beans, lima beans, dried peas etc.
- Fresh fruits including apples, pears, bananas, grapes, kiwi, orange.
- Canned fruit and natural juices.
- Dried fruits like prunes, dates, apricots
Breads and Cereals (rice, pasta and noodles)
- Sourdough, dense or whole grains
- Fruit loaf.
- Basmati, wild rice
- Noodles, quinoa, pearl barley
- Oats, buckwheat, natural muesli.
Nuts and Seeds
- Nuts are not a good source of carb but peanuts and cashew are high carb containing low GI foods.
- Sugar free butternut, starch and salt.
- Low GI sugar
- Maple syrup
- Yellow box honey or blended honey
Milk and Dairy based Products
- Plain milk, evaporated or UHT powered milk.
- Soy almond drinks.
- soy yogurt
- Cottage cheese, extra light cream cheese.
- Soy cheese
- Low fat custard.
Meat, poultry, fish, seafood and eggs
- Lean meat
- Lean short cut bacon
- Lean meat patties
- Skin and fat removed chicken, turkey, duck.
- Fish like Atlantic salmon, blue mackerel, blue fin tuna, yellow tail kingfish, and silver perch.
- Canned fish like sardine, salmon, tuna.
- Green mussels, oyster, scallops.
- Crab, clams, cockles.
- Lobster, crayfish, yabby, marron
- Balmain, moreton bay bugs
- Prawns, scampi, calamari or squid.
There are some issues that low GI foods do not recommend the amount of foods that you should eat. Therefore, you should consult with your dietician regarding how much you should eat.
Last update: December 05, 2016 11:29:15 am