Abdominal workouts at home do not require any fitness equipment. You can do all these workouts on your own. It is better you do these workouts at least 3 days in each week. Make them a habit. Regular workouts will not only keep you fit and healthy but also help you build strong muscles. Ultimately your figure and physical outlook will change positively.
Floor crunch is a common and important ab workout for men.
- Lay down a mat on the floor. Form a T shape by positioning a flat bench at the edge of the mat.
- Now lay down on this mat. Then put the legs up on the bench. At this stage, the calves should stay in a resting place on top of that bench. Bent the legs at right angle.
- Use your finger tips and touch the side of your head.
- You’ve to lift the shoulder blades slightly off the mat. Then you’ve to start the exercise. Now crunch the abs bringing your elbows in (towards your waist).
- At the top, pause for 1 second. Then slowly lower back down and go to the starting position.
Horizontal Leg Raise
This is another highly effective ab workout for men.
- Arrange a Roman and position yourself in that to start the exercise.
- Keep your forearms along the horizontal pads. Grip the handles firmly and back against the chair’s back pad.
- Keep your feet hanging and away from supports. This is the start position.
- Straighten your legs, knees, and feet together. Now raise both legs up as far as you can.
- Take a pause for 1 minute. Then lower back and go to starting position.
This is regarded as one of the ab workout that affect the whole body.
- This is a stationary exercise. It helps strengthen your body’s entire core. Arrange a mat on the floor and lay down on your stomach.
- Start by propping the torso up on your elbows. Keep the feet up on the toes.
- Keep yourself in a straight position. Stay in this position as long as you can.
- In general, this exercise is done for 3 x 1 minute sets.
Floor reach is done easily after lying on the mat and using your feet and hands.
- Take a mat to lay on the floor. Now lay on your back and keep both arms by your side. Keep both legs straight out and in front of you.
- Keep one of your hands over the top of the other hand. Now raise your hands straight up and point towards the ceiling.
- Now, keep the legs straight and also the feet together. Bring both legs up to make sure they are pointing to that ceiling as well. This is the starting position.
- Now try to reach up towards your toes with your hands. Use your abs to elevate the shoulders off the floor.
- You can take a pause and then lower back to starting position slowly.
Abdominal Air Bike
This workout also involves your feet and hand and it affects on your whole body.
- Lie on your back on the mat. Clasp your hands behind your head to make sure your elbows stick out on both side.
- Align your back and neck. Your back should be in flat position against the mat. Keep no air space between your back and the mat.
- Now raise both knees to form a right angle (with the upper body). Bent the knees at right angle. Keep upper leg in a right angle (with the upper body). Your back must be kept flat against that mat.
- You’ve to use a steady motion. This is necessary to make sure that the main focus is on your abs.
- In a crunching motion, bring the right elbow to the left knee. Your body will be twisted in this way and the abdominal muscles will be tightened.
- You’ve to move head and your neck as little as possible. This will ensure that your abs will work harder.
This is an important and effective ab workout for your body’s side.
- For building core strength, the side plank is a major exercise. It's a balancing exercise. Start by lying on the mat on your side. Keep one hand on the floor. Also keep your feet on top of each other.
- You can alternatively rest on your elbow and not your hand.
- Until the body is exactly straight, lift the hips up.
- You’ve to hold in this position as long as you can. You will certainly feel this exercise in your obliques and abs.
- For the opposite side of the body, complete the same.
Last update: February 15, 2017 04:40:12 pm