You have to remember that controlling belly fat is a continuous process. You may soon start gaining your fat once again if you do not keep it in control. So, you might be thinking at this point what you should do to ensure that.
Note that, shedding the belly fat is relatively easier part to some people but keeping them off can be the real challenge in most cases. You can compare the process of slimming down to the act of bouncing on a trampoline. This means the harder you jump down, the higher your weight shoots right back up. Sometimes it can be hard on your health. It can result in negative things that ranges from increasing muscle loss to immune system being attacked. People who try to shrink their waistlines often go through regaining lost weight, or weight cycling. But this is a common occurrence.
There are some useful tips to follow in this regard. You can just make them in practice in your daily life. In this way, you can make sure that you are not gaining your belly fat again after losing it. Let’s look at those useful tips now.
You have to control your eating. After losing your belly fat, you need to reduce your eating. With lesser amounts of body fat and weight, your body now has less eating requirements. All of your body metabolism and mechanism are now in a reduced state. It will take at least one year for your body to mark this reduced state of weight and fat as normal.
- Know that your first year keeping the weight off is most likely to be the toughest and this is the period when you have to be most diligent.
- You’ve to maintain an eating schedule so you don't indulge in random snacks.
After achieving a fat and weight loss, your current working condition may push you to gain fat and weight once again. Stressing working condition causes the hormone Cortisol to increase that is responsible for gaining fat. Researchers say that the combination of high-cal cravings (Cortisol driven) and a stress-induced snail-paced metabolic rate can result in significant weight gain and belly fat.
- Practice yoga, go for a run, meet up with friends, and unplug from technology for an evening.
- Smiling and laughing can help diminish levels of stress hormones.
This is a key to keeping your belly fat and weight under control for a long-term. Researchers at University of Alabama in one of their study noticed that participants who stopped going to gymnasium after losing weight experienced a dip in their metabolism. On the other hand, those participants who continued to work out for 40 minutes 3 times a week even after gaining their expected weight loss and fat loss were in better shape.
- Keep running, lifting, doing yoga or cross fitting as your regular practice. These regular activities will help you burn off your fat.
- Cheat meal of a slice of pizza and alike (in the middle of your gym works) can keep your belly away from gaining fat once again.
If you have problems to continue the tough workouts then at least you’ve to do the easier fitness trainings. This will at least ensure that your body is in some sort of controlled state. Fitness can be a good alternative for you if you find your workouts to be harder after losing weight and belly fat.
- Do something regarding fitness training to give your metabolism a kick.
- You can switch up your exercise routine as well.
Sleeping is important. A mild sleep deprivation can cause Ghrelin (the hunger-stimulating hormone). Not only that, this deprivation also simultaneously reduces levels of Leptin (the hormone that suppresses appetite). Therefore, feeling of hunger is stimulated even if you're full. This obviously leads to overeating and belly fat gain.
- Make sure a solid 7 or 8 hours of sleep each night.
- Reduce the time to watch television.
- Maintain a regular bedtime and wake-up time.
After shedding tons of fat and weight, don’t treat yourself with fat and sugar-laden foods. Otherwise you will gain back some of the fat and weight.
- Avoid treating yourself with heavy foods and party meals.
- Never eat junk foods during times of your emotional eating. This will certainly contribute to once again weight gain and at times lead you to unhealthy dieting practice.
Protein is important for health but taking too much protein can cause you to gain your weight and fat once again. Adequate protein is essential for maintaining your muscle but you need to be careful on the quantity of your protein intake.
- Daily protein needs differ from individual to individual. In most cases, consuming 0.8 to 1 gram of protein per kilogram of your body weight each day is enough for you.
- Always select good sources of protein in your diet plan.
Sometimes you may go through some sort of medication and your prescription may include antidepressants, birth control pills, beta-blockers, anti-seizure and migraine drugs, steroids and rheumatoid arthritis medications. These may affect your appetite, metabolism, body fat and weight significantly.
- If necessary, use alternative medication and also confirm with a medical physician.
- Avoid drugs that have proven side effect on fat gain.
You have to be careful about your drinking habit (if any). Alcohols have properties that certainly increase your body fat. Therefore, you cannot go back to your previous drinking habit once you have gained your expected fat loss.
- You can stick yourself to low-calorie drinks.
- You can alternate your alcohol using water to slow down your usual pace.
Your unhealthy eating habit can cause your digestive system out of your control. Specially the bacteria that live inside your gut can cause uncontrollable hunger surges and unwelcome belly fat. Eating habits influence the number of good bacteria and bad bacteria.
- Scrap those foods that feed bad bacteria inside your gut.
- Rely on sources of both prebiotics and probiotics foods.. Prebiotics are a source of food for the good bacteria. In addition, on the other side, probiotics act as reinforcements that help to drive out the bad bacteria from your gut. Prebiotic sources include legumes, onions, artichokes, spinach, and oats. Probiotics is found in fermented foods and yogurt.
Always measure or scale your weight and look at your belly fat in mirror. After losing fat and weight, many people do not maintain the previously followed tight monitoring habit.
- Check your weight and fat once a week.
- Become aware and fully informed of your body fat and weight as accurate as possible, even if you think you are ok.
4 to 5 cups of green tea during your whole day works and also in the middle of your daily workouts will help you shed belly fats.
- Select green tea over other variations.
- Varieties like Lipton and Yogi are good in this regard.
Doing sedentary works for a prolonged period in the office or work place is a very common reason to regain fat after losing it. This type of works slows your resting metabolism. They can make it harder for you to maintain your expected belly fat.
- You have to get up from your chair and take at least two-minute walk once every half an hour.
- Walk after having a meal.
If you can control your carbohydrate intake to reasonable level it will help, you in avoiding fat regain. Carbohydrate is essential for body and brain energy source but over quantity of it can move you away from fat control goal.
- Keep your Carbohydrate level to a reasonable percentage of your daily calories.
- Choose the healthy sources of Carbohydrate.
Breakfast is an important meal for you every day. Your breakfast intake dictates how much you intend to take during lunch. If your breakfast is not ok and fulfilling then you may crave for some extra eating during lunch. This in turn can because you regain your fat once again.
- Eat healthy foods in adequate amount during breakfast.
- Make sure your breakfast food contains necessary nutrition and food values so that you don’t have to crave for extra food amounts during lunch.
Last update: February 05, 2017 04:12:54 pm